Wednesday, August 4

what a spoiled little child i am

God has been so good to us this summer, and i don't deserve it at all. i whine,i complain, i eat too much, i worry, and worst of all, i sit around all day and waste 24 hours of God-given opportunity to get to know Him more.

and what has God done for me lately, anyway....
1) got josh into a great grad school
2) gave josh an assistantship that
a) takes care of any tuition costs and
b) pays a $13,000 stipend
3) gave me this past week off to work on my job search
4) given me a wonderful, supportive, understanding husband who makes life soo much easier
5) helped us to find an amazing apartment that we can afford that is in a good neighborhood that isn't ridiculously far from IUPUI (and all they had left were two bedrooms, just what i wanted!!!)
6) AND NOW... i just got a call 15 minutes ago from a small Christian school in Indy that's going through some changes and therefore will most likely be hiring this late in the summer! (no i don't have the job yet, they're sending me an application and want me to call to set up an interview...)
7) as if that wasn't enough, after i hung up with them, i held my breath while maquesting the distance from our new apartment to Gray Road Christian School. see, our apartment, though i LOVE it, is on the southside, almost out of indy completely. all the bigger christian schools are on the north side. so i was expecting a 30 minutes drive at least. BUT NO. God loves me and i have no clue why. this school is 7 miles from our new apartment. 7 MILES.

SO. i don't have the job yet, but i definately have something to pray for. and if you don't mind, could you pray for me too?

by the way, what has God done for you lately? :-D

2 comments:

FJ said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!! That's my grandma's church!!! That's amazing. They are a really strong church, with some good outreach programs too! Wow. That is neat! I hope you get the job. I'll be praying for you, and pass the word along. (Even though this is freakish, you practically live right by my grandma, now you are potentially working at her church? Weird...) :)

peak said...

turned my world upside down :-D