Wednesday, December 6

My Ultrasound

Haha, fooled you. You thought I had an ultrasound. I'm not lying, this post will be about my ultrasound... and my anticipation for it. IT'S TOMORROW! At 1:45p.m. And they said to bring a VHS tape, so that means they'll record it for us! Then, next time I see my mom, I'll have her put it over on DVD and we'll put it on the computer for all to see. There, I'm done talking about my ultrasound.

Now I'll talk about the apppointment I had yesterday. First, the due date. She said I was measuring about 24 weeks, so we were right on target with our own due date calculations. We still don't have an actual *date*, but we'll most likely get one of those tomorrow. We got to hear the heart beat, and that would be been really exciting, but Livi was crying the whole time. I'll talk about that later; it's really quite sweet. The nurse said that if you believe in old wives tales, then this one will be a girl because the heartrate's fast. But then, if we believed in old wives tales, we would have though Livi was a boy because I carried her so low. So we don't believe in those. We believe in ultrasounds. I'm not sure I liked the nurse, actually. I liked the main nurse, the nurse practitioner. She was very sweet and, well, likeable. But the other one who did all the examining 1) wasn't the gentlest and 2) thought it was her place to tell us when we should and shouldn't have more children. She actually told us to make sure we take a break for at least a couple years before having another. Not that we weren't already planning on doing that, but advice coming from a stranger just irks me. And what if we didn't? She said my body needs at least 2 years to recover from having a baby. Which really made me feel like she thought I was making a mistake having another one so soon. We got pregnant when Livi was 12 months. And if God wants to give us another when this one is 12 months, then I'll leave that up to Him, not this nurse.

But I'll end on a bittersweet note. I said earlier that Livi was crying throughout most of the appointment. (She did leave for a convenient diaper change for the inappropriate parts). But she cried when they checked my blood pressure, she cried when they listened to my heart and lungs, and she cried when they listened to the baby's heartbeat. And do you know why? She thought they were hurting me. Isn't that sweet? She's become familiar with the Health Clinic. It's where she gets her shots. So when they started doing strange things to me, she thought they were going to give me shots, and that I would hurt, and that I would cry. Josh was holding her and she was just reaching for me the whole time anything was happening to me like she wanted to come protect me and comfort me. Oh, I just love her so much!

3 comments:

ashley said...

Aww that is the sweetest thing I've heard!! (about Olivia crying)

When you get back from your ultrasound, you have to IM me and let me know how it went!

Jes said...

that's so sweet! Livi is such a caring little girl. :)

ashley said...

So when are you going to blog about your ultrasound? And do you have pictures from it to post?