Thursday, July 15

i spoke with an angel today

she wanted laundry soap.

she wanted to know me.

she wanted to reassure me.

she gave me strength to hope in God.


there are times when i really really don't like working at the country inn.

then there are times like today. i was working housekeeping, and my boss wanted me to watch the desk for a bit. so i obeyed, like a faithful little servant-girl and was rewarded by the nicest stranger
coming and making conversation with me over the purchase of Tide.  then i saw her again in the hallway and she again stopped to talk with me, asking if i went to taylor. i explained i had graduated, and she asked what major (el.ed.) and where i was looking for jobs. that's when
the eternal torment of my undecided future came into the conversation. i explained how i didn't know the city where we would live six weeks from now. i explained how i didn't know if we could afford to live with josh in grad school. i guess, in general, i explained my frustration in the lack of control i had over my life. she stopped, looked at me, and said the most calming and reassuring thing she could have at that point in time. 'when i saw your smile, and observed your attitude, and heard you went to taylor, i know you were a Christian who was solid. this is a time you need to trust God. if you can get thru this time of trust and leaning on Him to direct your path, think of how you can use that experience to teach others, especially your students.' maybe it didn't go exactly like that, but that's the gist of it. nobody had ever told me that they knew i was a Christian from the way i acted, but it has always been a deep untold, and i suppose selfish and self-centered desire. nevertheless, when i heard it today, combined with her message of hope and faith, it was the right time and place. the rest of the day, my heart was filled with a peace i cannot explain. i felt a hope deep inside my chest that burned with an unquenchable fire.

that experience alone was enough to praise God for the rest of my life.


then i came home.

turns out God remembers birthdays.

(josh's was yesterday.)

he got a late present.

an assitantship!

we're going to indy!!!

:-D

3 comments:

ashley said...

HOORAY!!!!! :-D I'm SOO happy for you two!!!!! *HUGS* :-D And I'm glad we'll be close. :-) (for a semester anyways)

FJ said...

YAY!!!!!! HAPPINESS is in abundance. Im glad you can finally start to plan things out. Congrats! :)

Joanna said...

Yay for Indy. I'm from Indy, its not a bad little city. :) And Yay even more for God-moments when he sends just the right person at just the right time to say just the right words to give us encouragement. God's cool like that.