Thursday, August 3

Birthday, Haircut, Wedding

In my defense:
I started this post August 3. Bogger wouldn't upload the pictures, so I quit and went to Indiana, Utah, Wyoming, Utah, and Indiana and tried again. It apears to be working now.

I finally got the computer to recognize the usb cord for my camera and uploaded hundreds of pictures! You've missed so much out there and I apologize. I've also been gone a couple weeks here and there, and will be gone again in another week.

So, in my absense, Olivia has turned one!


She was a little confused by the cake and the fire and the cameras. I had to "help" her blow out the candle.


She was confused by the frosting, too. I had to help her with that as well. She didn't realize it was edible at first. She thought it was just for smooshing inbetween her fingers


She eventually got the hang of it.



After a good old-fashioned birthday bath (complete with party hat), she got to open presents!



One thing she hasn't grasped yet about opening present, though, is that the point is to just see what it is and then move on to the next. She got mad at us when we tried to take away a new toy so she'd open up another present.



Look at that possessive grip on that toy! We finally got her to open all her presents and she loved them all! Well... almost all of them...


A few days after her birthday, Great-Aunt Martha (I think that's her title) came and saw great need for a haircut!


I wondered how she'd keep Olivia from grabbing the scissors, but we found ways to make it happen.


Now that she's got her hair cut all pretty, it's time to get in her pretty jewelry...


And her pretty flower girl dress...



And practice!!


Here she is on her big day - a little nervous.


She actually ended up handing off the big job to Daddy once she got on the aisle.


Strange enough, that shy nervousness turned into pure nervous energy pretty quickly and she had to be removed from the sanctuary.


Here's Olivia and the beautiful bride, Ashley Borrego!


Congratulations, Ashley and Paul!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Olivia is SO CUTE!