Friday, November 10

My Morning

I VACUUMED! It's not even 11 and I vacuumed! And did laundry! And dishes! And now Livi's down for her nap and I'm deciding whether or not to shower or clean the bathroom. I can't clean the bathroom with her awake, because she's always trying to touch whatever I have just bleached. She won't stay out of the bathroom! It's the same with everything I do. When I was vacuuming, she's always right there in front of me. I have to nudge her to get her to move! And with dishes, she's right there, trying to close the dishwasher (thankfully, she's finally learned not to try to pull the dirty dishes out of the dishwasher). And when I'm cooking, she's very mad if I can't hold her so she can see what I'm doing. Sometimes that's enough to frustrate me severely, but today, I was thinking how grateful I am that she's here with me, learning these useful things instead of with strangers at daycare. I kept thinking about how useful all this will be to her and how I hope I can instill some sense of a schedule and responsibility along with the knowledge of how to cook and clean. When I first got married I was so lost! I had rarely cooked, and had never had a cleaning schedule. I'd like to think I'm a little better by now. So anyway, that's my morning.

Nothing else is new around here enough to blog about. Still haven't been to a doctor. Josh is still pretty sure we're staying here vs. moving to Alabama. We probably won't hear from those people again until after the holidays, anyway. Speaking of job offers, Josh got an email saying that they're hiring at Surrey. That's a bit further away than Alabama. It's in England. But they're a much much better company and would most likely pay much much better as well. Maybe well enough we could fly home to the states for the holidays and such? And I'd get an awesome accent. And bad teeth. But again, we're most likely staying here for the next year and a half.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Beth! You're such a well organized woman! :) he he. How are you? I loke you!