Sunday, September 10

Ah Ha....

I think I figured out how to get a profile pic...


I'll have to see if it worked tomorrow. Usually changes I make to Blogger don't take effect right away. I couldn't tell I'd added that movie about Olivia helping Daddy until the next day! Anyway, all I had to do to finally be able to add a profile pic was:
1) Find picture I wanted of Olivia
2) Open in Paint (Only picture editing program I have that resizes and then saves pictures!)
3) Resize in the "Stretch/Skew" category of "Image" menu, cutting in half twice.
4) Once the pic was under 50kb, I saved it.
5) Upload the pic to my blog.
6) Click on pic
7) Copy link at top of page
8) Go to Edit Profile in Blogger
9) Paste link in for Profile Pic (no other image hosting site I use (Yahoo & Dotphoto) has links short enough for Blogger, how annoying!
10) Save profile
11) View profile tomorrow to see if it all worked out alright.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Yay! You figured it out. :-) I think it's annoying that Blogger makes you host your own profile picture, when you can upload pictures for posts okay. *shrug*

I also noticed you got the Google reader thing in your sidebar! Hooray!