Friday, September 29

To Know or Not to Know...

Should I find out the sex of the baby? I'm 14 weeks pregnant, the prime time to find out the sex of the baby is between 18 and 26 weeks. So I've got some time to think about it. We found out with Olivia because we had so much to buy (we ended up going gender nuetral with all the expensive stuff anyway) and because we were sick of calling her an "it." I've never been the type to have patience with surprises - I always wanted to open up my presents on Christmas Eve and you better not show me my birthday presents in the morning and then say, "Now wait til after supper..." But who knows. Maybe a surprise would be fun. It'll keep all of you guys on your toes, that's for sure. So, I've had people vote for every other important decision in my life (wedding dress, Olivia's first AND middle name) - okay, maybe not the REAL important decisions - but here you go. Another chance to sway me one way or the other.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm gonna want to know. But that's because I'm uber-practical, and want to be able to plan and have everything perfectly in place when the baby comes.
You've done this before, and preparing for another baby will be a breeze, so you won't need to know ;-)

ashley said...

Gosh that's a really tough question! I can see both ways. Perhaps you can wait and see if God will provide the funds/opportunity to find out. :-)

I think right now, I lean towards wanting to know for myself. But we'll see. I have a few years to think about it. :-)

Anonymous said...

FIND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
besides, you and josh will take forever to decide on a name so you better find out now so you can start thinking!

FJ said...

This needs a man perspective. Thus, here I am :)
I am a traditionalist when it comes to this, as well as not inducing labor. Therefore, I say that you should wait and be suprised. However, I can see a husband saying, "two names to agree on?" (Although in our case it would be the ever-indecisive Anna) Therefore, either option is an acceptable one. My opinion, thus, is going to go contrary to the 3 presented.
I say wait and see. Reasoning? Most baby stuff in non-gender specific anyhow. ESPECIALLY when it isnt the first. Excitement is an inverse bell curve - high at the first, then tapers off unless you're going cheaper by the dozen.
There, I incorperated some physics/math stuff into my comment :)

Jes said...

I say Find OUT, because if it's a boy you'll have to buy all new clothes, you wouldn't want to have a naked baby boy for a couple days or weeks until you got clothes to cover him would you? If this one is a boy then you can let the third one be a surprise because you wont have to buy anything and it will be okay. but this one you need to know... YAH.