Friday, February 16

And the Award for Best V-Day Gift Goes to...

My very own Joshua Jeremy.

I HAVE to tell you what Josh did for ME for V-Day. :-) I have the best husband ever. He listens and cares and loves me SO MUCH!

Recently (for the past 6 months) I've been telling him my love language is gifts. Problem: We're broke. So I decided love notes count as gifts. So for this V-Day, Josh got me TEN presents! (HA! I win!) He typed up ten reasons why he loves me, cut them out, and taped them up all over the apartment.

*Sigh*

Now, whenever I look in the mirror, I'm reminded that he loves me because I'm intelligent. Whenever I look at our wedding picture, he tells me I'm beautiful. Whenever I'm cooking over the stove, I hear him say how grateful he is that I take care of him. When I'm doing dishes, I read about his appreciation for my hard work. When I glance at his many diplomas and awards, I see that he has recognized my encouragement and support. When I reminisce over our high school dance photos, he confides that I'm his best friend. When I put Olivia down in her crib, I am called a wonderful loving mother. When I open my Bible for devotions, I am admired for my love of God. When I walk into the living room, he calls me sensitive and caring. When I turn on the lamp (how clever is this?) he reveals his love for my bright, cheerful nature.

Those notes are still up. They will probably be up until we leave this apartment. Just like the "I Take Car" post-it from our last apartment. I feel neglectful that I hadn't posted about this until now, but I had to wait until a day when I hadn't already posted twice because I wanted to make sure you read it!

2 comments:

Jes said...

SO SWEET!!!! That's the best gift ANY husband could have got his wife. I'm so jealous! in a good way i promise! :)

ashley said...

Okay, totally making Paul read this post!!!

My love language is gifts, too. :-) (Hence why I keep mailing you things...)