Tuesday, May 18

two more days

i got observed for the last time. it was supposed to be informal, but she stayed allllll day and wrote it up and everything. liar. and of course, the weather was crazy, and i'm still feeling the effects of the night before last, so not only were the kids going berzerk (sp?), but i was too. but i comfort myself with this thought: two days left.

the port is out of my hands and off of my mind. it's done. when my classroom teacher was looking through it, i said, "if you find any spelling errors, don't tell me." that probably came off the wrong way, but i seriously didn't even want to look at those stupid ROY G. BIV painstakingly organized pages. yeah, that's right. i got this fancy pastel paper (because when you're el. ed., it has to sound smart AND look pretty... stupid combination, i know). and then i organized the papers so that they would go in ROY G. BIV order. i'm anal. i hate it.

oh, and the p.m. class finally got fifty pennies (i explained that in a previous blog, right?) so they get free recess tomorrow. yay. wait. i'm not even teaching tomorrow. crap. i work this long and hard and they finally acheive this goal... the day before Mrs. Friday takes over the class again. wonderful.... i love irony. well, at least i don't have to plan anything tonight. sigh. and thursday there's a sub, so i get to teach again, but it'll just be a fun day. i think maybe i'll have them make ME a shirt, since noah's was such a success.

so today, i guess, was my last day of real student teaching. let's all shed a tear...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I don't know you, but I'm an education major at Houghton College... I HATE Portfolios! I've done two already and I haven't even student taught yet. I'm terrified! I just finished my year long 1st grade practicum experience and I feel so not-ready to do the real thing. My classroom management stinks and I have no idea how to work with 5th grade. Not only that but my concentration is in Spanish and they placed me in a science classroom. Good thing I like science - not that I'll be good at teaching it. Anyway- I just wanted to tell you that your journal was an encouragement to me! If you haven't already read it, READ educating esme... it's a wonderful book that will inspire you. Congrats on graduating!
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
This Todd's girlfriend Lynda. I completely feel your pain about the portfolio. I just finished teaching middle school for the spring...talk about a nightmare. I dont think that I will ever teach that grade level again! Luckily I get 2nd grade in the fall! Im glad that everything has slowly gotten better for you! Matt and I are moving to Paducha, Kentucky...wahoo! He leaves June 1st! Hope to see you guys soon!