Tuesday, May 11

unbelievable

PARTY AT MY HOUSE, I HAD A GOOD DAY!!!

i had my first good observation today. she said my shirt was too short. MY SHIRT WAS TOO SHORT! that was the best critisism she's given me thus far. and i have jamie larson to thank. she came over last night (she's kindergarten endorsement too) and watched my video with me and gave me ideas. actual, concrete ideas for classroom management! my prof has a PhD and she couldn't do that for me!! so i used one of those ideas, and guess what? I ROCK. why can't my prof see that that's what we need. we don't need theory. we don't need curriculum, really, either (just the standards crap). we need ideas, actual concrete ideas, for management. we need a bag o' tricks to pull from.

well, i'm glad i have friends who are supportive and resourceful. lori and jamie are the two people in the world who have brought me through this experience. thank you so much!!

i get observed next week too, but informally. she says she just wants to drop by to make sure everything's wrapping up ok. she needs to gather enough positive feedback. basically she says that previously i sucked and finally now she can write good stuff. oh well. i just hope she writes a lot of good stuff. it looks like i may pass student teaching after all. oh, and the port due date's been pushed to friday, possibly monday.

i'magonna go eat ice cream in celebration of my good day.

beth

No comments: