Friday, October 13

Poopy in the Potty!!!

She did it!! I was in the bathroom combing out my hair and she came in, sat down, and started grunting! So I asked if she had to go poopy in the potty and she got down on the rug so I could take off her diaper. Then she sat on the potty and kept leaning forward and grunting some more. She wanted to hold her babydoll and her puppy the whole time. We didn't read a book or anything. I just kept telling her what a big girl she was, and then I heard it! The tiniest little plop. It's not as loud when there isn't water. But she knew what she had done! I ripped off some toilet paper and she wiped herself! All at 15 months old in an age where children are in diapers until they're 2 at least. :-D

Now the question is:
Do you want to see pictures? Hehe. Here's a couple safe ones I took afterwords. She's already diapered and snapped back up. She's just reenacting it for you. :-D

5 comments:

Joanna said...

YAY!!

Actually, I've heard/observed it's really good to get your firstborn potty trained before the second comes along, because once the second is around 1) you have less time/energy to work on it and 2) the firstborn says, Well, my sibling still gets to wear diapers, why not me too? and is less motivated.

Hooray for Olivia!

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

Yeah, I was hoping it would happen this way! (That's why the little potty's been sitting in the bathroom for a month and a half now.) Plus, I've also heard that wearing cloth diapers is a really good motivator to go in the potty. Bonus!

Anonymous said...

She's gonna have such a good time with her mother looking back at this blog when she's 16!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! go livi!!! what a big girl! hopefully she doesn't go back to using the diaper once the second one comes along, i've heard that happens a lot.

Anonymous said...

yea for olivia...now if beth can just learn too you guys could get rid of diapers all together.