Wednesday, January 24

Get to Know the Homemaker in Me!

Stolen from Onward and Upward


Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?

I have two - my Pampered Chef apron which is denim, and a white apron with my name painted on in big green letters with daisies decorating the letters. Larissa made if for me as a wedding present. By the way, Larissa, was that washable paint? I've never washed it for fear of ruining it, but it's getting kind of gross...

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Cookies! Chocolate chip, peanut butter blossoms, buried cherries, sugar, ginger, snickerdoodles... is there a bad cookie?

Clothesline – Y/N?
We wouldn't have a yard to put it in. We have two drying racks that are constantly in use (we don't use the coin operated dryer to save a $1.25/day).

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
I'm sure any donut I attempted could never measure up to a melt-in-your-mouth-fresh-from-the-conveyor-belt Krispy Kreme, so why bother.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Sweep the kitchen floor - after every meal! Such is the life of the mother of a toddler.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
We barely have room for our appliances as is! But I would love one.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Couldn't survive without it!

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
The only one I have is Crystal's blog - Biblical Womanhood.

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Since we line dry everything, I just give wrinkles clothes a really good shake and they usually dry so that we don't need the iron. I'm also not sure where the iron ended up with the last move...

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
We used to have one in the kitchen, but this apartment doesn't have enough drawers (only three!) So the contents of the junk drawer got put in a small tupperware bin and resides in the storage closet within easy grasp.

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Color? Your typical apartment kitchen - cheap fake wood cabinets and cupboards with white walls and linoleum floor. Is there any other kind?

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
The feeling of accomplishment when the day is done, the house is clean, and the people I love are well-fed and happy.

Mop – Y/N?
Once a week.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I rarely wear them, but when I do I usually throw them in the washing machine

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
I always look through the window first, but decide that doesn't give me a good enough view, so I open the door.

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Meatlovers - I'm so healthy.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I'm an AIM addict. It's my social interaction time. When Olivia's awake, though, I only get one or two words typed before I'm pulled away. Naptime is usually spent entirely in front of the computer.

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
One of those cheap >$1 plastic index card holders from Wal-Mart. But more often now, I use cookbooks and I have a menu that lists all my favorite meals and the pages where I can find them - sorted into meat categories (i.e. chicken, pork, beef, etc.).

Style of house – What style is your house?
Apartment on the second floor. We get the heat from the downstairs neighbors and the noise from the upstairs neighbors. It's a two bedroom recently equipped with a washer hookup ;-). It's 965 sq. ft. with one bathroom.

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
I'd love cloth napkins! But right now we just have placemats.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
It's organized - except for the conch shell and random vase it's all cleaners.

Vacuum – How many times per week?
About 2 times, maybe more depending on how messy Olivia is.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
I do one per day, sometimes two. Rarely any on Sunday - It's the Sabboth! :-) (More like, the family's all here and I don't feel like doing it).

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I should more often - I'd get more done!

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
No yard to speak of. We do have a balcony. We split the resonsibilities... we both do nothing.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Either a load of diapers so they can hang dry and be ready for morning or the dishes if I've waited til the last minute (heaven forbid!)

I tag Jes! :-D

No comments: