Saturday, January 27

To Register? And Vote!

What is acceptable in today's culture? Do I get a second baby shower? I don't need any big things. We have the crib, the pack n' play, the car seat, the stroller, the toys, the bouncer, etc. What we don't have are baby boy clothes. I've heard it's acceptable to have a second shower when you have a baby of a different gender, which is our case. Well, in all honesty, we had a good Christmas and Old Navy had a great after-Christmas sale. So our baby boy will definately be well-clothed for the first three months at least. So I guess what we'd need more than clothing is diapering necesities. I haven't spoke much of it since we started last January, but we use cloth diapers. It has saved us a ton of money, and it is so much better for the environment. But speaking of money, we started when Olivia was six months old - so we have nothing for newborns. Well, culturally acceptable or not, I registered at a few online cloth diapering stores for newborn supplies. And Ashley took the time to teach me how to add those links to my sidebar. So I thought I'd explain what they were and why they were there. If you find it culturally unacceptable, then ignore them. I promise I won't be offended and will love you anyways. Especially if you were one who gave us baby boy clothes at Christmas. :-)

And on a different note: Jeremy has FINALLY gotten the old voting website up and running. This baby boy needs a name, people - and he needs YOU to choose it for him because his mother can't make up her mind. Keep in mind these factors:
1) I like multi-syllable names - preferrablly three syllables, but I can live with two.
2) I like names that are not in the top 10.
3) I like names that are easily spelled. He's going to spend his entire life spelling out his last name - give him an easy first name!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but Olivia is in the top 10... :)

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

Ah, I was afraid someone would notice that inconsistancy. See, we fell in love with the name Olivia before we ever found that site. And we could not find anything to replace it. Besides, we had already started calling her that. Oh, and of course, the final decision was already made - by the voters. :-)

Dave and Ruth said...

I already voted once. Can I vote again? My vote is for Benjamin Taylor. (I tried to follow the link to the website, but it was not working for me. Loved the pictures of Olivia on the sled!

Pop Pop