Thursday, June 9

Josh's job

So Josh went in for that meeting at ITT and found out a little more information:
There are 22 students.
He'll get paid every other week.
If the information given to him is accurate, it's going to be an insanely easy job.

The lady gave him access to a previous class site so that he could see how it was run and there were no assignments! Just quizzes and a few exams! And the lady also said that she is pretty sure that the physics exams would have to be multiple choice, since they have to be submitted online. That means no partial credit (bad for students, good for Josh) and extremely easy grading. In fact, I may help him out with that - you know, since he is also supposed to be working on his thesis and doing research for his professor and I'm just sitting around here blogging. Also, the lady said that if most of the students live around the Greenwood area, she can have them meet at the Greenwood campus rather than the Indy one, and that would be closer for Josh. So if it turns out to be a easy as he thinks it may be, then he might teach a couple of them during the school year and that could be his job.

I still haven't found out anything as far as work for me for next year. When I looked at the application for the Greenwood kindergarten teacher, I noticed that even though they wanted a half-day kindergarten teacher, they considered the job full-time. Which leads me to believe that there are two half-day classes they are wanting to fill, a morning and an afternoon. And I would not be able to do that.

Let's see what else is new...
Did I mention that we have a new mattress? We gave our old one to Josh's brother. We gave him our bed and dresser because the secretary at Gray Road offered us her old bedroom set (which contains TWO dressers and a QUEEN-sized bed rather than a full which is what we had previously). So I'm really excited about our new mattress. It's a pillow top. It's good for aching pregnant bodies. But it's rediculously tall. You can't just sit on the bed anymore. You have to leap up onto it. Oh well, it's 7 inches wider and 5 inches longer and it's much softer, so I like it. And I also enjoy making fun of the fact that Josh's brother has our old bed. We call it the "Olivia Bed". He doesn't like that.

Well, I suppose I should save some news for later so I can continue to blog at the incredible rate that I've been.

But I will leave you with this: If you have found a way to make meatloaf non-disgusting and non-swimming in grease, let me know. I followed the instructions to the letter, and it just looked wrong when I was done.

Beth

1 comment:

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

No, I just use a glass loaf dish thingy... a pan with a rack sounds like it would do the trick though...I bet pampered chef has something like that! And I did use extra lean beef, which is why I was so frustrated that it was still swimming in grease! I paid the extra bucks for the lean stuff and it still didn't work! Do you use crackers? I use bread crumbs... hmmm..