Sunday, April 1

The Timeline


This was me at 8-9 cm dilated, probably around 4:45-5:00pm. The common reaction to this picture is: "You sure don't look like you're in labor!" To which I respond, "I wasn't having a contraction when it was taken!" That was one benefit to not being induced. I actually experienced the God-given breaks inbetween contractions where I was able to relax and play dolls with Olivia. She thought her baby was in labor, too, and kept putting her in bed with me.

Here's the timeline: I had called Josh after putting Olivia down for her nap at 1pm, he caught the 2:00 bus, and was home by 2:15. We watched an episode or two of M*A*S*H and waited for the contractions to get closer than 5 minutes apart. They never did, but I had a feeling I should at least get checked out at the hospital, even if they did end up sending me home. So we packed the suitcase and called the people who were to be taking care of Olivia and warned them this might be it and to stay close to their phone. At around 3pm, we woke up Olivia, got her ready to go, and were on the road to the hospital by 3:30. We arrived at the hospital at around 4 and were admitted and I was in the bed by 4:30. Olivia's babysitter didn't arrive until around 5.


At 5:55, Benjamin David Zapf was born.

I highly recommend raspberry leaf tea. And prayer!

1 comment:

NicholeLNelson said...

Congratulations! Both your children are ADORABLE!