Thursday, March 29

baby's here!!

Hey y'all, Ashley here! Beth asked me to let all her readers know that her baby arrived safe and sound this evening. Here is what I posted in my own blog about it:

I am SOOO happy to announce to the whole blogging world that the newest little Zapf was born today at 5:55pm! He was delivered completely naturally, so kudos to Beth!! Beth is tired, but doing well. Her new son is 8 lbs and 13 ounces, and 20 1/4 inches long. Beth reports that he has dark eyes and hair, and he has the most quiet and content personality (especially compared to his older sister!). Olivia is completely the doting sister, and (so far) isn’t jealous at all! Beth told me that before she would ask Olivia where “baby brother” was, and Olivia would point to Beth’s tummy. After the baby was born today, Beth asked Olivia, “Where’s baby brother?” Olivia then pointed to the baby! Such a smart girl!

As soon as I get a picture, I will post it here! Oh, and as soon as Beth tells me the name they’ve decided, I will inform you of that too. :-)

A special message to Joel from Beth: you'll have to come visit her in the hospital so call her!

6 comments:

Joanna said...

YAY! Baby's here!

So, I was GOING to knit something special with the baby's initial on it as soon as possible after he came, but SOMEONE's being SECRETIVE, and now I'm headed out of town. Alas.

I'm glad everyone's healthy and such, and all went well. I look forward to meeting the new boy!

Jes said...

Beth, i'm so proud of you! Congradulations. you're a strong and wonderful Woman. I loke you very much and can't wait to see the new addition to your family.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, can't wait to hear how everything went. :)

ashley said...

Well it's not that Beth is being secretive about the name, but rather she and Josh just don't know (as of last night... they may have come to a decision by now!). I think they were leaning towards Benjamin, but there are a few other names they're considering too. We'll find out soon enough, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Well welcome to the world, Nathaniel!!!!

-Whitney

Joel said...

I got to hold that perfect little 18 hour old yesterday!