Wednesday, July 18

Input Requested: My Own Domain

I think I've outgrown "Bethibaby". And, personally, I'm sick of the look of this template and nothing else Blogger offers makes me happy.

So I'm looking into buying (leasing, renting, whatever) my own domain name and using WordPress and Ashley to make my blog more personalized, original, and attractive.

Bethibaby.com is not an option. Like I said, I've outgrown it.

HereIAm.everything is taken. So is Here-I-Am and HereWeAre.

The only option I can find is Here-We-Are.net.

Is that memorable enough? Will I lose anyone in the transfer? Any other creative suggestions for domain names?

3 comments:

ashley said...

I think it's a great idea. You won't lose me in the transfer. :-)

I love "Here We Are". And I've noticed that you have some more contributors to your blog now. ;-)

I'll have to think of some more ideas.

Anonymous said...

I use wordpress and like it other than pix aren't as easy-- I still haven't figured them out in my random poking.

(random poking in blogger got a pix up in about 2 seconds).

I once had someone tell me that non alpha-numeric characters slow down typing and annoy her, and I pointed out if it's something/some place you like you only have to type it once.

But I'd be careful if there's already a bunch of claimed domains similar to yours.

Are people looking for you going to find something weird? Just something to think about.

Anonymous said...

usually dashes (-) in a web addresses do not work well. here are some sugguestions i came up with for hereiam.com:

h.ereiam.com
he.reiam.com
her.eiam.com

the h, he and her would be sub domains (very easy to create) on the domain ereiam.com, reiam.com, eiam.com respectively.

hereeyeam.com

here are some suggestions i came up for hereweare.com:

hearwiir.com
hearwer.com
herewiir.com

here are some other fun ones:
fishyfishyfishy.com
soughckr.com (or however soccer is spelled :-)