Wednesday, July 18

Works For Me: Grilled Cheese


Now, grilled cheese is usually one of the quicker and easier lunch meals, but it's just not quick or easy enough for me.

So this is what I do:

I grill it in advance. My toddler only eats half a sandwich at a time. So I make two full sandwiches (as much as my griddle will hold). I put one and a half sandwiches in the fridge and they will be the easiest, literally 15-second lunches for the next three days. No cooking, no cutting, no slicing, no cleaning griddles. Just put her half sandwich on a plate and nuke it for 15 seconds. Older children might object because it just isn't the same as a fresh-off-the-stove crispy grilled cheese. But my toddler doesn't mind, so it works for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tip! I always struggle to find something quick for the children at lunchtimes. I'll try this, thanks!

Anonymous said...

I've done this with the boys' French toast, but this sounds like a great idea, too! they love grilled cheese sandwiches, but they're not quite patient enough to wait (what, a whole five minutes?!) for one to be made!